The state of Iowa is spending $4.2 Million on workshops for people to avoid ‘falling for a jerk.’ READ THE FULL STORY HERE
These faith-based groups are using taxpayer dollars to advise Iowans on the hazards of dating, but we decided to give you some dating advice for FREE, right here, just in time for Valentine’s Day…
Dating Tip #1
You Don’t Have to Do It!
(Dating, that is)
You must love yourself before you can be loved by someone else. Too often we have a fear of being alone, FOMO, and we stay in relationships too long or we jump from one relationship to the next without any time for us to figure out who we are and what we really want.
The moment that you have self clarity and love yourself is the moment your life truly begins
Dating Tip #2
If You Love Someone…
Set them free. Do not drunk dial them, stalk their every post on social media, and then text them nonstop until they feel sorry for you.
Love is something you have to let happen, it cannot be forced. If you find yourself falling hard for someone just force yourself to stay checked and don’t over-do it. There aren’t rules to how long you should wait to call or text because everyone is different, but do what feels right and remind yourself that it is perfectly okay if it doesn’t work out.
Hope for the best, plan for the worst.
Dating Tip #3
The Keys To a Successful First Date:
- Start the conversation before they arrive. This way you can be engaged in a conversation and avoid those awkward starts and stops
- Have a precautionary snack and take a bath to relax. You don’t want to be tense, whether the date goes well or bad you must be in a good, healthy state of mind. The snack is simply in case your dinner sucks or you have to wait a long time to eat.
- Go to a regular spot. Go somewhere that you feel comfortable and relaxed where you feel safe.
- Have a friend check in. This is not just for obvious safety reasons but it also works as a good emergency exit strategy (if needed).
- Be honest. If you’re nervous, tell them you’re nervous, if you don’t want to do something, tell them, if you don’t like Thai, don’t force yourself to eat Thai food and get sick later, you must be comfortable with yourself and be honest with them.