There’s no doubt 2020 has been a hard year. And for some, it’s been so tough they’d be willing to pay a lot of money to have just one day that feels like “normal” again.
A new Capitol One survey finds:
- The average American would be willing to shell out more than $300 to have one COVID-19 free day.
- 35% would even spend more than $500.
- As for the activities they miss they miss most, dining out at a restaurant is tops (54%), followed by:
- Browsing through a store (49%)
- Spending time with friends (48%)
- Shopping for fun at the mall (42%)
- Going to the movies (41%)
- Having a “day out” (41%)
- Taking destination vacations (40%)
- Spending time with family (37%)
- Going to concerts (34%)
- Going to bars (26%)
Regarding the 49% of people who miss browsing through stores, the poll finds that most people expect shopping to be changed forever.
- 80% of people say they haven’t done any browsing in stores since the pandemic hit.
- 67% don’t think shopping will be the same until there is a vaccine.
- And even after that happens, 68% believe the days of touching, trying and testing products is over.
- Right now, 45% of people say they would hesitate to try something on in a store.
- 42% wouldn’t try food samples anymore.
- 36% wouldn’t touch produce to test for freshness.
Source: SWNS Digital