The holiday season will definitely be different this year thanks to the coronavirus, but that doesn’t mean it still can’t be fun and memorable.
- A new poll by Motel 6 finds many families are planning to adopt new holiday traditions this year.
- The top new tradition for 2020 will be dropping surprise presents on the doorstep of loved ones (45%).
- Others include:
- Zoom/video meals with extended family (43%)
- Having a day where they all disconnect from their devices (40%)
- Making our own decorations for our home (37%)
- Baking a specific recipe together (36%)
- Overall, 73% of people say they are most looking forward to seeing their family over the holidays.
- The average person hasn’t seen their family in five months.
- 63% say they are planning to see them in-person this season.
- 59% say they have family members they will only see virtually.
As for traveling to see family:
- 63% expect travel to be more stressful than it has been in the past.
- 36% are “very concerned” about having to change their plans due to travel restrictions.
- 81% though believe the stress will be worth it to see their family.
- ONE MORE THING! Seeing family isn’t the only thing folks are looking forward to this holiday season. They are also looking forward to:
- Having time to relax (68%)
- Having time off of work (59%)
- Listening to holiday music (58%)
- Eating holiday foods (58%)
- Cooking/baking holiday foods (58%)
Source: SWNS Digital