It’s been a really, really long time since most of us have traveled and a lot of Americans are so desperate to get on a plane and go somewhere again that they’d do pretty much anything.
A new Trivago survey finds:
- 81% of Americans say not being able to travel is one of the worst things about the pandemic.
- 58% say because they were unable to travel it’s the most they’ve ever felt like traveling.
- 56% of Americans say the idea of traveling again makes them “excited,” while 53% say it makes them happy.
- Americans are missing travel so much that:
- 25% would give up all of their savings to travel right now.
- 38% would be willing to give up sex for a year.
- 20% would say goodbye to their partner to travel now
- 48% would give up their job.
- Once thy can travel again, 26% of Americans, their “dream vacation” would be a chance to spend “time with family and friends I’ve missed.”
- 72% of people say once things are back to normal they plan to travel even more than they ever did before.